Looking for an excuse to have fun this summer? Come visit Clinton County! You’ll find lots of great things to do. Here are seven of our favorites, plus a once-in-a-lifetime celebration that’s happening this year.
1. Boating, biking and beaching at Carlyle Lake. The state’s largest man-made lake is the ideal place to spend a weekend.
2. Fried chicken and homemade pie. We love our Church picnics and these are just two of the delicious reasons why. (Keep an eye out for a future blog—we’ll tell you all about them).
3. The 2016 Clinton County Fair. It’s July 17-23, and it’s a not-to-miss fun time with animals, rides, games and food. Kettle corn, anyone?
4. A chocolate dip cone at Dairy King in Breese or Trenton. Or maybe a hot caramel sundae. Or root beer float—oh, so many yummy choices!
5. Four wineries + lots of great sampling + lazy afternoon = bliss! Check these out: Hidden Lake Winery in Aviston, Crooked Creek Winery in Centralia, Bretz Wildlife Lodge and Winery in Carlyle, and Roundhouse Winery in Centralia.
6. Great campgrounds, motels, B&B’s and lodges. We’re all ready for visitors, so give us a call!
7. A savory fish sandwich and a cool beer on the deck of the Fish House at Carlyle Lake. Bonus: a beautiful sunset!
8. Albers Quasquicentennial. It’s a big word meaning this is a huge once-in-125 years celebration, and it’s taking place on June 4-5, 2016. Parade, music, rides, games, homemade wine and food. You won’t want to miss it.
We hope to see you soon!