The Centralia, IL Balloon Fest is back again for one weekend only! Put on by the Greater Centralia Chamber of Commerce, this spectacular event will be held August 16th, 17th, and 18th. Admission is only $3/day, and visitors can expect an abundance of shows and family friendly-events. Here are the highlights that caught our attention:
- Balloon Race: Starting at 6pm, watch as balloons take to the skies in a race to be the first across the line! Tethered balloon rides will be available during the race.
- Balloon Glow: Enchantment begins at 7:30pm, when 35 balloons turn on the glow and light up the night sky.
- “Friday Night Fireworks”: Sponsored by Bayer Crop Science, the fireworks will begin at 10pm!
- Balloon Race: This one is for the early risers- starting at 6:30am, the balloons will race for 1st place! This event is followed by “Yoga in the Park”.
- Classic Car Show: At 12pm, come and see what’s rolled into town!
- Balloon Glow: If you didn’t get enough the first time, here’s your chance! A second night of lighting up the sky, starting at 7:30pm.
- Balloon Race @ 6:30am, followed by “Yoga in the Park”.
- Cardboard Boat Races: For a race of a different kind, the Cardboard Boat Races start at 11am @ the Boat Building & Registration!
- Children’s Activities: Families are invited to join us for free family activities like bounce houses and a scavenger hunt, as well as the chance to meet SuperWhy!
- Balloon Race: The final race of the weekend, and the perfect send off for Balloon Fest, starting at 6pm.
We hope to see you soon for Balloon Fest! Which event sounds like the most fun for your family?