When Valentine’s Day comes around and it’s time to show your love and devotion to your sweetie, don’t let COVID-related closures dampen the mood. There are many area business offering Valentine delights. From dinner and sweets to flowers and jewelry, here are some romantic Valentine’s Day things to do in Clinton County IL for you and your sweetheart!
Romantic Wine Pairing Dinner
Hidden Lake Winery in Aviston, home to many award-winning wines made with locally-grown grapes, will be having a wine pairing dinner on Friday, February 12, 2021 at 6:30pm. The menu will include several delicious dishes, featuring prime rib from D&M Farms. Reserve your spot soon as this event will be limited to 26 guests. To make it a really special evening, reserve a cabin for the night – they still have availability for Friday night.
- Cost: $85/person and includes dinner and wine
- Reservations: Send email to email@example.com with your phone number and total number of guests.
- Location: 10580 Wellen Rd. Aviston, IL 62216
Sweets for Your Sweetheart
If you’d rather stay in for Valentine’s Day, you can still treat your sweetie right with delicious desserts from Covered In Chocolate Bistro & Bakery in Breese. Order online (recommended for Valentine’s Day) or stop into the shop. While you’re there getting your Valentine’s goodies, you can pick up some lunch or a hot coffee drink.
- Store Hours: Wednesday – Friday from 8am-4pm; Saturday from 8am-1pm
- Location: 291 N Clinton, Breese, IL 62230
Freshen the Romance with Flowers
Flowers are a wonderful way to say, I love you! Mioux Florist, with two locations in Clinton County (Breese and Carlyle), recommends that you order early for Valentine’s Day. Mioux Florist and Greenhouses has been serving Clinton County for 145 years – since 1876!
- Breese Hours: Monday – Friday from 9am-5pm; Saturday from 9am-Noon
- Location: 692 N 4th St • Breese, IL
- Carlyle Hours: Monday – Friday from 9am-5pm; Saturday from 9am-1pm
- Location: 1211 Jefferson St • Carlyle IL
Beguile with Jewels
An extra-special present can be found at Becker Jewelers in Breese. They carry many famous jewelry brands such as Fana and Hearts on Fire, and they also do custom designs. Another sweet gift idea is to get that sentimental piece repaired for your loved one.
- Store Hours: Tuesday-Wednesday from 9am-5:30pm; Thursday-Friday from 9am-7pm; Saturday from 9am-2pm.
- Location: 315 N. Main St. Breese, IL
No matter how you want to say I love you, you will find many Valentine delights in Clinton County IL. Our local businesses area ready and able to help you craft a wonderful celebration for your loved one!