You can always find fun things to do in Clinton County, and this September boasts some great activities in Carlyle. From wine and art to shopping and nature, here are 4 fun activities in Carlyle, IL this September.
#1 – Carlyle Wine & Art Festival
- Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Bretz’s Wildlife Lodge & Winery
- 15469 Illinois 127 Carlyle Illinois 62231
Bretz Wildlife Lodge & Winery, an eclectic and unique venue, is hosting a wine and art festival featuring wine, vendors, art, and crafts. This will be a great opportunity to find your new favorite wine while shopping at local vendors on these picturesque grounds.
- Friday, September 17, 2021 – Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Multiple Locations throughout Carlyle
The yard sales will be peppered throughout the city, so cruise around town to find some fantastic deals. Participating yard sales will be listed on a convenient map that you can pick up at City Hall, Case-Halstead Library, IGA, and the local banks and gas stations.
#3 – Whale of a Sail
- Saturday, September 18, 2021 @ 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sunday, September 19, 2021 @ 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Carlyle Lake
- Carlyle IL 62231
This racing and social event is great for sailing fanatics. It’s open to all sailboats and takes place on pristine Carlyle Lake. Spectators and participants are welcome to join in on the fun.
- Saturday, September 25, 2021 @ 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 801 Lake Road Carlyle Illinois 62231
This National event is a group effort of cleaning up public lands. Thousands of volunteers across the country will be participating in this important event that takes care of the environment and brings us all together in support of this planet. Locally, volunteers gather with Park Rangers to improve beautiful Carlyle Lake, a recreational area packed with fun and immersed in nature.
You’ll never run out of fun activities while in Clinton County, IL, but definitely visit us this September for these special events.