Guten Tag, Spassfest in Germantown, IL is back again! A historic celebration of German culture, Spassfest will run from Saturday, August 17 to Sunday, August 18, 2019. Saturday’s events will run from 11am-2am, and Sunday’s from 8am-12pm.
The 50th annual Spassfest in 2017 went down in history books as the final Spassfest, to be followed in 2018 by Bier Fest. Bier Fest 2018 came and had great success, but left people prematurely thinking about next year. But it just wouldn’t be summer without Spassfest- it’s been a seasonal celebration for generations of families.
There’s still all the old fun, with some new stuff for both new and returning guests! Below, we’ve highlighted some special events featured at Spassfest 2019.
Saturday, August 17
- Bags Tournament: Come put your cornhole skills to the test, and if you don’t know what cornhole is, come see what all the fuss is about! 32 teams, Cash Prize with 100% payout, and it all starts around 1pm.
- Das Duetsch Beir Olympics: You and 6-8 friends can spend an afternoon going for the gold- well, green since it’s a Cash Prize! Each contestant will receive drinks, Das Boot, and a t-shirt. Make sure to dress in your German best for a chance at the “Best Dressed” prize! Begins at 2pm.
- Carnival & Laser Tag: Running from 3pm to 11pm, don’t forget your armbands for the rides!
Sunday, August 18
- Breakfast in the Park: Join the Germantown community for a delicious breakfast in park, while listening to live music played by Dwayne Grapperhaus. The breakfast starts at 8am and goes until the Raffle!
- The Cash Raffle: Enter for your chance to win $12,000 (no, that’s not a typo!) as the grand prize, $2000 for 2nd prize, $1000 for 3rd prize, and $500 for 4th prize.
These are only some of the great events that will be featured. So join us at Spassfest 2019 for some “guten alten deutschen spass”! What event are you and your family most excited for?