You’re looking for any excuse to visit Clinton County, IL this spring. You’ve heard about the beautiful scenery, pleasant weather, and fun activities, so you just need to find what sparks your curiosity and book a trip. Luckily for you, there is no shortage of what you can do here as the weather warms up and the scenery becomes lush and vibrant.
Read on to find out more about a few of Clinton County’s favorite springtime activities!
- Crooked Creek Winery is located in Centralia, IL, and boasts a country setting with some of the best wines around. Their quirky play on words with the popular E’ry Day Rosé clues you in immediately to the playful and fun vibe of this winery. They also have a downtown location with Thursday open mic to accompany you and your wine, beer, and cocktails.
- Twelve Oaks Vineyard is a sprawling family farm dating back four generations. Here you can experience a vast array of wines, beer, and sometimes sangria while relaxing in the tasting room or on the back patio that overlooks the vineyard. Even those who prefer not to indulge in alcohol can enjoy themselves with a non-alcoholic beer. Twelve Oaks also offers custom wine labels, so reach out to them for information if you’re interested in this unique option.
- Hidden Lake Winery, a magnificent beauty, is nestled in the enchanting Silent Forest in Aviston. Come in on Thursdays between 4 and 8pm for Fried Chicken Thursday. Or book one of their cozy cabins so you can stay longer and enjoy the many offerings from this winery.
- Bretz Wildlife Lodge and Winery transports you to South African with their themed decor and aptly named wines. Hang out outside on the “DOCS” Wana Sunset Bar or step up your game with sand volleyball. This is also a great location for your event or ceremony with beautiful backdrops, a reception room, and the Serengeti Sunroom!
This month we have the Carlyle City Wide Garage Sale. It’s the third weekend of the month, and to make it easy, a map with the participating locations is available to you. You don’t need to drive around aimlessly looking for the best deals and steals with a map! Pick one up at City Hall, gas stations, grocery stores, and banks to shop for some really interesting stuff.
May proves to be a busy spring month with several activities throughout Clinton County including the following:
- St. Rose City Wide Garage Sale – This is hosted the 2nd Weekend in May and also comes with a handy map. So, if you have roaring success at the one in Carlyle, stick around for the St. Rose city-wide garage sale.
- Speaking of St. Rose, the Truck/Tractor Pull & Kickball Tournament is held on Memorial Day Weekend. You don’t want to miss this event!
- Rounding out the springtime events in Clinton County is the IHSA Bass Fishing Sectional Tournament on May 6th in Carlyle and Leukemia Cup Regatta held the 4th weekend of May. The IHSA tournament is a great event for high schoolers and is a fun spectator sport. The Regatta is a lovely event popular in sailing, powerboating, and paddling, that helps raise funds for research and treatment for blood cancers.
These fun activities, in addition to all the other treasures Clinton County has to offer, are a great way to welcome in spring and shake the cold from your shoulders. You’ll have the time of your life while making memories to last a lifetime.