Get ready, get set, go! The 2019 CAPEX Triathlon is being held at Carlyle Lake from September 14-15, and with two major events this is the place to be! On 9\14, come and see an emergency rescue operation demonstrated by the US Army Corps and the US Army Reserve. Then, on 9/15, stick around for a triathlon unlike any you’ve ever been a part of! Register online for both events.
The first day of this event promises action that’s rarely been seen by the general public. The mission scenario is: Flooding in the Carlyle Dam has lead to an emergency-state as citizens are trapped on the East of the Marina peninsula! Various Army reserve companies will be coming together to save the day, demonstrating life-saving techniques such as building a bridge or setting up triage.
The second day of the event promises even more excitement, from the unique traithlon itself to all the other activities fun for the whole family! The race will begin with contestants jumping from a platform constructed that same morning by the 739th Bridge Company from Granite City, IL. After, comes the single-shot loop ride through the beautiful Illinois countryside. Finally, the last leg is running along the picturesque spillway of the Carlyle Lake Dam.
Here is the full itinerary for the 2019 CAPEX Triathlon- we hope to see you there!
Saturday, September 14
- 9:00 am: CAPEX Mission execution 1
- 10:15 am: Course Talk 1
- 11:00 am: CAPEX Mission execution 2
- 12:15 am: Course Talk 2
- 1:00 pm: CAPEX Mission execution 3
- 2:15 am: Course Talk 3
- 3:00 am: CAPEX Mission execution 4
- 4:15 am: Course Talk 4
Sunday, September 15
- 5:00 am: Transition opens
- 6:20 am: Boarding to swim start begins, transition closes
- 6:35 am: Final participants board, leave shore
- 6:45 am: Arrival at sprint swim start location, sprint waves begin
- 7:08 am: Arrival at Olympic swim start location, Olympic waves begin
- 7:19 am: Arrival at 70.3 swim start location, 70.3 waves begin
- 9:00 am: Sprint Awards
- 11:00 am: Olympic Awards
- 2:00 pm: 70.3 Awards